Sunday, March 30, 2008

What happened Friday night.

It's easiest just to write it here and not have to answer tons of questions. Anyway, I am fine. Bottom line: I got into an old-fashioned fist fight. I'd gotten home from the Friday session at church and gone back out for chips and stuff. A guy outside the store said "Die faggot". Punches were thrown, one connecting with my face. Nothing broke --- not my glasses, not a tooth. I have a few nasty looking wounds but they will heal. I wrenched my neck somehow and that is the most annoying part. Anyway, people pulled us apart very quickly, I went home and cleaned up and went to bed. It looks much worse than it feels.

What confounds me is that I did not do what I would tell anyone to do. I should have simply turned around and walked away. It's what I would tell any one of my kids at church to do. It's what I believe. But that is not what I did and I regret it.

Again, I am fine. I'm not afraid or thrown or ashamed or any of the things I probably should be. That's about it, there is nothing more to say. So, many many thanks for your concern.

No comments: