Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Tonight's Rehearsal




So, the next few months are largely devoted to the creation of three promotional CDs I've been advised to compile. The first, "Songs from The Conjuring", is exactly what it says and I will use the lovely and talented Abigail Taylor (see prior blogs) and the Peter Proctor (see maaaany prior blogs) in the leads. "My First Mistakes: Songs by Timothy Mathis", is just me doing a dozen of my numbers. The third, "Miracle Time", is a celebration of my friends doing all sorts of things I've written.


It's this CD that goes into rehearsal tonight. Missy Abigail will go over "Waterloo" from IOWA 08. The song was written for her to do, but a production conflict prevented that. The upshot is that the wonderful Jessica Carter knocked it out of the ballpark in last Summer's production at the Vineyard Theater. She'll record it one day too, I hope. Michael Santora and I will work on our premiere collaboration, probably "Beautiful To Me", the power ballade from The Conjuring. It should be fun.


Abigail is one of the joys of my life and Michael is a gorgeously-voiced All-American athlete who sings like a dream. When I took several of my WECC kids to see a Passion play Michael was in, the Eighth Grade boys were dazzled by the fact that his resume claims he can do a "26 inch vertical jump and dunk a basketball".


In the photos above, Michael is the boy, Abigail the girl.

No comments: