Saturday, March 22, 2008

Holy Saturday with MCCNY

For many years the most important thing in my life was my relationship with my church, Metropolitan Community Church of New York. I worshipped there, worked there, was a deacon and occasional preacher. I sang there and wrote the mini-musical that, quite accidentally, launched my songwriting career.

As the years went on, particularly those spent with David, I drifted away from MCCNY and the beloved friends there. Recently I've felt the need to reconnnect, so I went today to the annual Holy Saturday banquet. WHAT JOY!!! People I used to see many times a week but haven't seen in years treated me like the, well, prodigal son. The fatted calf better watch his back.

And I saw Noah, one of my most beloved people. As always, it was like we were still roomates in Astoria sharing every aspect of our lives. Noah's journey is one of fantastic courage and insight. I met Noah as Nancy who then quickly bacame Buddy who eventually transitioned completely as Noah. I adore him.

It just was soooooooo good to see these folks. Dolly will probably go away again, but she won't stay so long.

1 comment:

MadeMark said...

Tim! It's Mark McN (mademark.blogspot) - you don't have an email address on your blogspot profile but I'd love to write, esepcially on the datebait experience which had a very interesting result for me. I'm hoping you get this as an edit so it doesn't actully go in your comments