Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Okay, I watched!!!


I couldn't help it. I mean Idol. My friend Michele showed up to hang out and we watched together. So, she isn't a Melinda Doolittle for me, but I love Carly Smithson. With a voice like that I can see beyond the tattoo. She sang "Blackbird", a song I think is gorgeous, and did it lovely justice.


Carly won me a few weeks ago when she sang "The Shadow of Your Smile". I've thought all my life that "Shadow" is one lovely song. My favorite thing about it (and it gets me every time) is the wonderful, unexpected flatted note at the end of the first line ("The shadow of your smile/when you/are gone...). It is so perfect it makes me shiver every time I hear the song.


Beyond Carly I have to admit that, yes, I like David Archuleta. Is that wrong?

No comments: