Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How I shall devil my eggs...

I don't care much for hard-boiled eggs, but mash those yolks, swirl in some fat, spice 'em up, refill the whites and you got some good eatin'! I love deviled eggs in all variations: traditional, dusted with paprika, jeweled with bits of pickle relish. Here is what I am doing this Easter with all those colored eggs:

Curried Deviled Eggs

Peel and halve 8 eggs, removing the yolks to a mixing bowl. Mash the yolks until smooth and add 1/3 cup mayonnaise. Cream to desired consistency. Mix in two teaspoons of finely diced red onion, 1 teaspoon curry powder, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pipe the egg mixture back into the whites using a pastry bag or disposable sandwich bag with one corner snipped off. Cover and refrigerate before serving. Makes 16 halves.

Tip: Before refilling the whites with the yolk mixture, try gently dusting them with a tiny bit of cumin.

Yummy!

No comments: