Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Introducing... MARIE GOUBA


One of the delights of writing is getting to work with new, exciting, talented people. In Sylvia So Far, one of the characters is called "All The Street Trash". The lovely and decided non-trashy Marie Gouba will be filling the role. This is our first project together, but I already know Marie sings like a dream!


Marie received a Bachelors degree in Vocal Music Education, Vocal Music Performance and Theatre Performance from Olivet College in 2006. Her college and regional theatre credits include, (The Witch) "Into the Woods", (Lucy Brown) "The Threepenny Opera", (Antigone) "Antigone" and (Ariel) "The Tempest" (a role always longed to play when I was acting). She is currently applying for Graduate School at New York University's Steinhardt School in Musical Theatre Performance. Marie is passionate towards educating young children about music and theatre and recently established a private vocal studio for middle school and high school students.


In SSF Marie sings "Lullaby", a song of which I am particularly proud.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yea...she is pretty fabulous! Tim, I hope your show does great because I love When you Loved Me.

Timothy Mathis said...

Marie gets into town tomorrow and we go to work!

Thank you so much for the nice words about "When You Loved Me". It is fast becoming one of the more popular of my songs and that pleases me so much. Peter Proctor knocks it out of the ballpark.

Tell me who you are.