Monday, August 11, 2008

Too thrilling


Everybody's going to talk about it all day and, in truth, it was thrilling. I had sworn that this year, because of the NOLA trip and various projects that have to be at a certain state before I can leave for there, I would have to forgo the Olympics.


Well, maybe just the opening ceremony...


Well, maybe just a little gymnastics...


Well, Michael Phelps is swimming tonight and the French dissed him...


It must stop. I don't have time this summer to follow the on-sand exploits of Misty May. But if all I see is that one, heart-stopping relay from last night when the Americans led for 2 lengths, gave it up on the third, then pulled out of nowhere to win in the last instant...


Well, if that was the extent of my 2008 Beijing Olympics... it was grand.

No comments: