Thursday, August 28, 2008

Made a simple dinner...


Nothing complex but so yummy. Johary (at left) was coming over, I had very little time to cook, so I made a simple pasta. I browned some sirloin, did a very rough chop of a small but VERY POTENT white onion, added some minced garlic. I tore up one red and one green pepper and diced a small jalepeno, which I threw in. Added some crushed tomotoes from a can (!) and enough red wine to come to the top of the skillet. When it boiled down some I added a handful of diced crisp bacon. All of this cooked slow for about two hours, then I boiled up some tri-color rotini, baked off some biscuits (Johary loves rolls and croissants and biscuits, etc.) and called it dinner.


It was very satisfying and we had a marvelous time, then there was Haagen Dazs Caramel Cone ice cream for later.


I've said it before, but one of my favorite things is to cook for and feed people I love. I adore it and consider a great blessing.


Yay!

No comments: