Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Monday at Metrostar redux

Wow, I was totally conflicted.

I have loved this Metrostar thing (and I certainly love what it has done for my career in the past week), but to watch last night and then have to make some decisions was unhappy and tough. I like these people.

Stearns is a cute dollbaby who sings like a dream and I long for him to do something of mine. And, of course, I wanted to vote for the gay boy. He made it. Anne is a dynamo from Indiana with that undeniable star thing goin' on. I wanted to vote for the Hoosier. She made it. Neesha is --- well, I have no words. When she eventually sings "When You Loved Me" from Sylvia So Far (as she wants to do) I will probably implode from pride. I wanted to vote for her. She made it.

And I am wildly hoping this morning that Angela and Clarice are completely embracing just how wonderful they are. I left last night having no idea what three names would be on the list today. Really, no idea.

Clarice is beautiful and exquisite and a rapturous singer. I wanted to vote for her. Angela is like no one else --- funny and heartbreaking simulataneously and just perfect. I wanted to vote for her.

So, rather than congratulate three of them this morning, I am going to congratulate five. Because of things that are happening in my life only because I participated in the Metrostar Challenge, I totally feel like I won. I want that for all five of them.

I can't go next Monday and the following Monday I am in New Orleans. I am so relieved!

No comments: