Saturday, August 9, 2008

My dazzling boys...


Sylvia So Far has an embarrassment of gorgeous guys with bottomless talent pools. Last night (after the Opening Ceremonies) I finally got to give a listen to the mp3s from last weekend. Wow.

My star, Mr. Caesar Samayoa as Miss Sylvia Rivera, just makes me cry --- and we didn't even get to "Long Time Coming", which upsets me anyway. He did Syl's big first act closer, "Not No More" and the second act pop ballad, "When You Loved Me". I listened and was so proud I could have busted. I wrote those? You have to be totally kidding me. Caesar is brilliant.

Joshua Franklin of Legally Blond and Grease and All Shook Up is such a dollbaby, and his take on "Twenty in my Pocket" completely makes me forget that this number has been a standard part of my act for two years. It's all his now. So charming and buoyant and expressive and delightful.

And then there's Gavin, Gavin, Gavin... "I Guess You had to be There". I don't know what to say. Gavin, it's exactly what I meant and dreamed multiplied by five and a half. Thank you. By the way - Gav did his heartstopping rendition in one take.

I'm still anxious to hear what we got of the "Good People of New York" number with the delicious Lori Lane Jefferson, but that MP3 is still being mixed.

So right now it's about mah boys. Oh, that's Caesar up above at a fundraiser for Barak.

I am a happy, proud man.

No comments: