Monday, September 8, 2008

Patty Decker


I know, I know, I know... I haven't blogged since the Truman administration. Sorry! Sometimes life is just a little too busy to blog.


Anyway, the pic above is Susannah Berryman. Whom I do not know. On the right. OH!!! But the left? That's Patty Decker, whom I fell madly in love with in September of 1977. She was my first college girlfriend back in the days of Loyola University.


Can you believe it? So, Patty tracked me down recently through the internet and we agreed to get together sometime. Just like the dozens of other people I promise to get together with sometime and never do. But the difference? PATTY AND I ACTUALLY GOT TOGETHER!


Yes, we reconnected yesterday afternoon at Alice's Teacup on the Upper Westside. And she is wonderful! Like any one of my pushing-fifty friends, she has a tale to tell, but it's a good one and I loved seeing her. I also loved the herbed mayo egg salad, the sesame-infused greens, and the cupcake smothered in buttercream.


It was lovely to be together again and I want to see her soon.

No comments: