Monday, September 22, 2008

Broadway On Broadway


Elizabeth and Johary and I treked down to Times Square a week ago for the annual Broadway on Broadway kickoff to the Fall Theater season. It's a two hour concert (attended this year by 50,000 standing showtune fans) where every musical on Broadway sends a number. "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from Lion King. "I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm" from the upcoming White Christmas. "The Wizard and I" from Wicked. It's fun. Carolee Carmello rocked on "The Winner Takes It All". At the very end, the combined casts sing "New York, New York" and tons of confetti rains down on the Square. It truly makes you tingle.


Anyway, because of the Big Bro, my friends and I are among the 200 folks who get to sit though it. This year I took Johary and Elizabeth. Oops! I already told you that. Anyway, the photo above is Elizabeth at the left, looking artsy and Bohemian, a wedge of my over-peroxided head in the middle, and Johary, who refuses to take a bad picture, at the right.

Play your cards right and maybe next year you can go!

No comments: