Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Saturday Recording Session


As you all know, I have grown to love going into the recording studio and laying down my songs. In the past year some dozen of my pieces have been recorded (in the case of “My First Mistake”, multiple times). As part of the ongoing three-disc recording project, Abigail, the Peter Proctor and I skip into the studio again this Saturday. It’s mostly an Abigail day. She’s doing “Waterloo” from IOWA 08, a number I didn’t write requested by her father called “You’re My One and Only”, and The Conjuring’s “When I Imagined Me” with PP wailing in the background. Then I will do “The Golden Boy of Ames”, the IOWA 08 number about the crippled football player.

So exciting! In the coming months we are doing all of The Conjuring and 24 other pieces, including a slightly abbreviated Sammy and Delia (yes!). Abigail and Michael Santora could not be more adorable warbling away on “Your Hands on his Hair”. It’s been especially fun to revisit that.

So, I’ll keep you updated!

No comments: