Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Darlin' Marie...

There is exciting good news from my friend Marie. Remember her? She's the gal who graciously agreed to take on a role in Sylvia So Far called "All the Street Trash". Not all young actresses would do that. Not to mention, the first lyric out of her pretty little mouth is "Hey baby/How's it hangin'?/Howdja like a little treat?". She didn't shy away for a second from doing a boppy show tune about trickin'! Not my Marie. Cool chick.

Anyway, she has been accepted to the Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England!!!
They only take 28 people a year. Yeah, Marie's that good. Come August she'll pack up and move for a nine month stint to one of my favorite cities. I am so delighted for her. I hope her groovy boyfriend David gets to make a few trips across the pond while she's there.
The only downside is that Sylvia So Far is generating a lot of interest and will probably take off between now and Marie's return in May of 2009, so I'm losing my "Trash". But this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and she has to take it. I am fully supportive of her decision. In fact, I think it is the right decision. Convincing PP (you know, the Peter Proctor?) is another thing altogether. Can't help you out on that one, Marie. But I am so proud of you and so pleased for you!!!
And now I have another good reason to make it to London!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so super excited for her! She will do amazing there.

Timothy Mathis said...

Yes she will!!! What a great opportunity for someone who deserves a great opportunity.